A child's life may be happy and carefree. However, this is the stage of early social and emotional development—a time when their brain undergoes a dramatic transformation that could support their cognitive and behavioral skills.
This is why it is crucial to foster a positive and healthy environment for children. You may do this by introducing them to other kids their age, spending quality time with them, or even giving them a pet companion. Wouldn't it be great to add a furry member to your family that may also bring joy and comfort to your home?
But what are the pros and cons of pet ownership at a young age? Is there a better alternative for living pets, which can offer the same benefits?
Why pets are good for children
Cute, cuddly, and warm; these are the reasons why children love pets. Here are other reasons why pets bring delight to your household:
- Psychology Today reports that children living with furry friends have fewer behavior problems, more obedient, and less moody.
- From a clinical standpoint, the health benefits of having a companion animal can decrease blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and feelings of loneliness.
- Pets can also be a child's best buddy (their very first friend) and help youngsters develop empathy.
- It can bring a family closer together when they are bonding with their pets
- Kids learn about patience and responsibility since it takes a lot of time and effort to care for one. Plus, those "puppy eyes" are impossible to ignore.
- Little ones can get bored quickly, especially when left alone. Pets offer cheery companionship round the clock.
It seems it wouldn’t be so bad to have a family pet given the reasons above. However, the critical question parents must answer: Are their children ready for pet ownership?
Cons of giving your kids a pet
As a parent, one of the best gifts you can give to your child is a pet. But remember that pet ownership at a young age has disadvantages, as follows:
- Furry companions have a natural tendency to be more temperamental than kids. If not trained well, pets can be unpredictable.
- Pets are undoubtedly lovable but high maintenance. They need food, grooming, and medical care. Whether it is big or small, it requires regular vaccinations and parasite prevention, increasing your bills over time.
- Domesticated animals are a rowdy bunch, so expect them to commit petty crimes such as destroying your neighborhood's gardens and chewing a shoe or two.
- Pets are like kids that need constant attention and affection. They're not docile beings that you can leave on their own for an extended time.
- According to a study by Environmental Research and Public Health, pet ownership includes several risks such as bites, asthma, and allergies.
- Not all pets are created equal. It means not all breeds of dogs or cats are suitable for kids. Some of them are not kid-friendly.
Lifelike Petzzz: The perfect alternative for living pets
Luckily, there is a perfect alternative for living pets that are lifelike. They are as huggable, soft, and as adorable as domesticated animals.
Lifelike pets are surprisingly realistic that they look and feel like an ordinary family pet. One of the great examples is Perfect Petzzz, our ultimate pet companion for kids. They have brushable fur and give out soft snoring sounds as they sleep on their cute plush bed. Perfect Petzzz offers real pet ownership without hassles and even comes with an adoption certificate!
Each bundle of Perfect Petzzz includes a collar with a pet tag, a new plush pet bed, and a pet brush. Here at Perfect Petzzz, we follow strict ethical standards; that is why our lifelike pets are 100% made of synthetic fur.
Perfect Petzzz is also more convenient because they are perfect for families who live in a city or high-density areas. It doesn't carry any allergens or disease. It isn't noisy or temperamental. Working moms and dads are confident to leave their children with Perfect Petzzz as it doesn't pose any danger, just a lot of snuggles.
Moreover, Perfect Petzzz also provides the same comfort level as living pets because of its cute, cuddly, and authentic nature. For this reason, these lifelike pets can also invoke feelings of compassion and kindness out of children.
Are you interested in adding a fluffy and huggable lifelike pet companion to your family? Perfect Petzzz offers different realistic looking breeds of dogs and cats. You can find your petzzz through our Amazon site. For any other inquiries, contact us here.